Maranda modified and combined a few different peanut butter cookie recipes to come up with this for my father when he visited as peanut butter cookies are his favorite.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees for these
- 2/3 cup butter, room temp or softenend, not melted
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky is better (I like Adams)
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, large or jumbo size
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (you can double the amount with impunity)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I prefer Kosher, feel free to use what you fancy)
- Cream together butter, sugar and peanut butter
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between each addition. Add vanilla.
- In seperate bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir together dry into wet ingredients and refriderate for at least an hour or closer to 24. It keeps for a couple days
- Make cookies about the size of 1 1/2 Tablespoons to 2 Tablespoons, a good handful. Gently fork the top and sprinkle with white sugar (I believe I used bakers sugar for this)
- Bakes for 9 minutes
- Allow to sit for a moment on the cookie sheet and then scoop off to enjoy warm or cool on a wire rack to save for later (I have my cookie crock for just such a purpose)
Please note these are very soft, moist and cakey. If you prefer chewy peanut butter cookies that have more crunch then the peanuts in the peanut butter this recipe wont do it. If you enjoy them soft, moist and cakey and full of peanuty goodness then this is the recipe for you!